Business Manager & Financial Secretary - Treasurer Reports
Danny Hendrix Business Manager
Wade Pilgreen Financial Secretary Treasurer
Local 798 News
To all ABFCU members: If you've been affected by Hurricane Patricia, please give us a call at 800-227-8968. We are here to help you in any way we can!
DOT Regulations & Compliance Through NTCI
During Steward School 2015, we discussed the FMCSA ruling requiring pipeline welders to obtain their own DOT numbers on welding rigs, and complying with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Due to the advisory opinion provided by FMCSA, we believe it is in our Members best interest to comply with the regulations requiring a DOT number on a welding rig.
National Transportation Consultants, Inc. was introduced as a group who can provide valuable assistance to our members. They have significant experience in the pipeline industry, and were asked by the UA and Local #798 leadership to put together a simple one-stop program to help union members comply with that ruling, and be present at Steward School to answer questions.
NTCI has rolled out its DOT compliance program for UA members and that is good news because the government is launching a new program effective October 23, 2015 that will add a $300 fee to apply for a DOT #. Here’s why you should get compliant now:
• If you’re caught without the proper operating authority, the DOT can shut you down and prevent you from getting to the job.
• The average fine issued to companies caught operating without the proper authority in 2012 (the last full year of data) was $5,490.
• The cost to get compliant will increase on October 23, 2015 due to new government fees.
• You’re a professional…You do things right, because that’s the right thing to do.
• NTCI will make it easy and ensure that you always have the documentation needed to prove your compliance when you arrive on a job.
Please see the related information below, and contact National Transportation Consultants at 317 770-0953.
Please click on the following links for:
You can sign-up online at https://weld.ntconsult.com. For those who have questions or wish to apply by phone, please contact NTCI at (317) 770-0953
December 11, 2015
The Regular December Membership Meeting will be held at the Pipeliners Local Union 798 Union Hall, 4823 S. 83rd E. Ave., Tulsa, OK on Friday, December 11, 2015 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Special Business: Announcement of the results of the 2016 UA Convention Delegates/Alternates Election.
798 Ladies Hospitality
The 798 Hospitality will be held at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel – 6808 S. 107th E. Ave., Tulsa, OK 74133 – beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2015. The Renaissance Tulsa Hotel has graciously offered a discounted room rate of $91.00. To make reservations, call (918) 307-2600. Make sure you indicate you are with Pipeliners Local Union 798.
January 8, 2016
The Regular January Membership Meeting will be held at the Pipeliners Local Union 798 Union Hall, 4823 S. 83rd E. Ave., Tulsa, OK on Friday, January 8, 2016 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
798 Ladies Hospitality
The 798 Hospitality will be held at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel – 6808 S. 107th E. Ave., Tulsa, OK 74133 – beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2016. The Renaissance Tulsa Hotel has graciously offered a discounted room rate of $91.00. To make reservations, call (918) 307-2600. Make sure you indicate you are with Pipeliners Local Union 798.
2016 CONVENTION DELEGATES/ALTERNATES
MAIL BALLOT ELECTION
1. The General President has directed that the election for convention delegates/alternates be conducted by mail ballot. There will be no manual balloting.
2. Global Election Services, Inc. shall administer the election. Global Election Services, Inc. is headquartered at 1229 Theodora St., Elmont, NY 11003. The Global Election Services, Inc. representative conducting the Local 798 election is Saundra Tovin. Global Election Services, Inc. has advised that it will utilize the services of East River Mail to conduct the mailing. East River Mail is located at 41-12 38th St., Long Island City, NY 11101.
3. Ballots will be mailed to all eligible Local 798 members on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at their most recent permanent address on file with the Local Union (“primary address”) as of Friday, October 16, 2015.
4. Members who do not receive a ballot, or who need a “duplicate” ballot must contact Global Election Services directly at 1-800-864-1263. Thus, for example, if a member does not receive a ballot at the address provided to Local 798, or is no longer receiving mail at that address, he may request a duplicate ballot from Global Election Services. Members must call personally to obtain a duplicate ballot; they may not have another individual call for them. The member will be asked to provide identifying membership information (such as a book number or social security number) to obtain a duplicate ballot. Global Election Services will provide the member with a confirmation number.
5. No Local 798 member shall be eligible to vote in the election unless he has been a member of the United Association and Local 798 for at least a period of one (1) year immediately prior to the date of election. Any member who owes or has paid a reinstatement fee within a period of one (1) year immediately prior to the date of election shall not be eligible to vote. The “date of election” for purposes of determining eligibility to vote is October 28, 2015. Thus, if a member is not eligible as described above as of October 28, 2015, he will not be eligible to vote.
6. To be counted, ballots must be returned to the Tulsa, OK US Post Office Box printed on the outer return envelope by 9:00 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, December 10, 2015. Any ballot that is returned to the post office later than this date and time will not be counted. Ballots will be counted on Thursday, December 10, 2015 at the Local Union Hall, 4823 S. 83rd E. Ave. Tulsa, OK starting at 9:30 a.m. (CST).
7. The results of the election will be announced at the Regular Membership Meeting on Friday, December 11, 2015 starting at 7:00 p.m. (CST) at the Local Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
6. In the event there is a tie vote for convention delegates/alternates and a run-off election is necessary, a mail ballot election will be conducted for only those convention delegates for whom there is a tie vote. Ballots will be mailed on February 26, 2016 and will be counted on April 4, 2016 at the Local Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma, starting at 9:00 a.m. (CST). The results of any run-off election will be announced at the Regular Union Membership meeting to be held on April 8, 2016 at the Local Union Hall, 4823 South 83rd East Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma, starting at 7:00 p.m. (CST).
Local 798 Election Committee
Chris Waeckerle Kent Jewell Glen Lewis
Chairman Secretary Member
918 837-0440 225 335-4355 254 918-1490
Please view the document below before logging into your 401k acct. The button to the top left labeled 401k Login will take you directly to your login screen.
IN CASE YOU ARE INJURED ON OR OFF THE JOB:
Please call Michael E. Shelton, our attorney for these issues BEFORE giving any statements, signing any papers, or taking any other action that may affect your rights. The call and advice are free. Mike also carries a Journeyman's card with UA Local 100 and understands the issues you deal with when injured. His contact information is:
The Shelton Law Firm
2777 Allen Parkway, 14th Floor
Houston, TX 77019
Office phone: 713 807-0700
Office Fax: 713 400-4086